SparkEVO One is a versatile ignition box: it can be configured for all the possible ignition types on the market.
What application are you looking for?
AC-CDI ignition with 1-wire VR pickup
Examples: Piaggio moped (Si, Ciao, Bravo, Vespa, etc.) electronic engines or scooters (Gilera Runner 50, Malaguti F12, etc,), motorbikes (Aprilia RS 125, Cagiva Mito, etc.)
- SparkEVO is placed between the pickup and the stock AC-CDI module
- Powered with the voltage derived from the stator (e.g. lights wire) but we recommend the use of an external 12V battery or at least voltage regulator between the stator and SparkEVO.
AC-CDI ignition with 2-wires VR pickup
Examples: Kymco scooters or pit-bikes
- SparkEVO is placed between the pickup and the 2 poles ignition coil.
- This system needs an external 12V battery (max consumption 100mah)
- The original VR pickup can be substituted by the Digital Hall Sensor to achieve better timing
AC-CDI ignition with inner rotor
Examples: PVL, Selettra, etc.
- SparkEVO uses the inner rotor and stator
- Mandatory: the Digital Hall Sensor to read the timing from the rotor
- Mandatory: a new cdi coil (not the stock one) like the Malossi M5512428
- Mandatory: an external 12V battery (max consumption 100mah)
TCI ignition with contact point
Examples: old contact point engines
- SparkEVO is placed between the contact point and the stock ignition coil
- It must be supplied by an external 12V battery (max consumption 100mah)
Custom TCI ignition system
SparkEVO can be used to create an ignition system without a stator and using a 2 poles 12V high voltage coil with a resistance of at least 3 ohms. It must be powered with an external 12V battery (max consumption 3Ah). It can use a magnetic rotor with Digital Hall Sensor (like in the below image), or a metallic rotor with a pickup.
|Supply voltage||7÷200 Vdc|
|Maximum power consumption||100 maH AC-CDI/TCI – 3 AH in TCI coil 12V|
|Functioning mode||AC-CDI only, TCI only, or both (depending on license)|
|Managed cylinders||2 with wasted spark|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth BLE and USB 2.0|
|Analog inputs – TPS provision||1 (5V max)|
|Status indicator||1 RGB Led|
|Rpm analog sensor inputs||1 vr pickup, 1 contact point|
|Rpm digital sensor inputs||1|
|Ignition maps managed||1 or 6 (depending on license)|
|Handlebar map switch||YES or NO (depending on license)|
|Quick gear shift||YES or NO (depending on license)|
|Available output (exhaust valve/power jet etc)||YES (12V 1A Max) or NO (depending on license)|
|Data logger||YES or NO (depending on license)|
|Timing points per map (timing-rpm)||20|
|RPM resolution||100 RPM|
|Engine speed reading tolerance||±5 RPM|
|Maximum engine speed||18000 RPM|
|Working temperature range||-10°C ÷ 80°C|
|Body material||High performance plastic, resin filled|
|Body color||Black or Red|
|Environment protection||Resistant to dust and water drops|
|Overall dimensions and weight||LxWxH = 88x80x26 mm / 190gr|