Convert from mechanical points to electronic ignition!
SparkEVO Zero is the simplest and fastest way to turn your mechanical contact points system into a zero-maintenance electronic ignition.
- Compatible with every contact points engine (2-stroke or 4-stroke, with 1 cylinder).
- Replaces the capacitor and uses the contact points as timing signal: no maintenance needed, no contact points wear.
- Delivers far more voltage to the spark plugs than contact points based.
- Quicker starting
- Small, rugged package, water and dust proof
- Wider range of timing adjustment (on specific models)
- Timing delay via trimmer (on specific models)
- You can also remove the contact points and replace with a small digital sensor for signal detection (on specific models)
- Possibility to operate with external 6-12V battery (on specific models)
Choose your model
The simplest & cost-effective solution to convert mechanical points systems into zero-maintenance electronic ignition. This module doesn't need for external supply and keeps only the original breaker points as timing signal, avoiding its wear over usage and time.
A dedicated version that works with external 6V or 12V battery. Timing can be adjusted to a wide range (from 0 to 50 degrees). You can also adjust the fixed timing delay using a trimmer, and totally get rid of the old breaker points using a digital sensor (provided separately) to detect the timing phase.
The maximum evolution of SparkEVO Zero family. Based on CDI ignition technology instead of inductive, provides all the benefits of it: higher spark voltage, higher rpm revving. Timing can be adjusted to a wide range (from 0 to 50 degrees). You can also adjust the fixed timing delay using a trimmer, and totally get rid of the old breaker points using a digital sensor (provided separately) to detect the timing phase.
Question & Answers
What's the difference between SparkEVO Zero and a simple capacitor?
Contact breaker points are subject to wear when electricity flows in them. Over time, this reduces their current flow capacity, generating weaker spark and loss of timing. A simple capacitor stops the electric arc through breaker points, but the main current continues to flow into them.
SparkEVO Zero totally replaces the electrical function of the breaker points, leaving them active for timing signal only.
Does it work for any kind of stator?
Yes! Different stators can generate variable electric arcs between the breaker points. SparkEVO Zero technology adapts itself to the type of installed system, to avoid the electric arc between the breaker points.
Is it compatible with my engine?
It is compatible with every engine based on mechanical points, 2 or 4 strokes, one cylinder. Example older Vespa 50, Lambretta, Piaggio Si/Zip, …